Past Events at Fathers Are Capable Too: Parenting Association
Group events at FACT are fun, educational often serious. At some, we even post pictures and descriptions. Some of these events are listed below:
- Fathers Day Picnic, June 15, 2003.
- Equal Parenting Week: At the meeting of September 24, FACT members had a Candlelight Vigil in rememberance of all the parents who have died as the result of slowness of government in changing the custody and access laws, and the systemic discrimination against men. Over 10 men a day, and 1 woman, are estimated to commit suicide as the result of this.
- Fathers Day Picnic, June 17, 2002.
- Tuesday, September 25, 2001 we held our candlelight vigil during Equal Parenting Week and on Monday, September 24 we held a vigil outside of the Coroners Court in remembrance of the parents who died as the result of a unjust justice system. More about this here.
- On Tuesday, March 12, 2002 we held a small memorial for Darrin White, a BC father who committed suicide after the stresses imposed on him by the Family Courts on or about March 17, 2000. Darrin has become a symbol for the many non-custodial parents who have broken down mentally, physically and emotionally from the impact of inhumane "normal" judicial practice. Unfortunately, the fallout from this controlling violence of the courts, and the total lack of support for children and parents, is being seen too often in our society. Our service was attended by a number of members, some who wanted to pass the message along.
- Fathers Day Picnic, June 17, 2001.
- Fathering Confernce with Warren Farrel, June 3, 2001.
- Conference on Protecting the Children of Divorce, September 23, 2000, and
- Fathers Day Picnic, June 18, 2000 and the Toronto Free Press coverage. Wet but still a good time had by all.
- Our meeting with Paul Forseth and the memorial for Darrin White -- the BC father who killed himself after being stripped of his children, his home and his life -- held on April 1, 2000. A picture of part of the crowd who attended the memorial for Mr. White is available by clicking here.