Fathers Are Capable Too: Parenting Association
WHAT ARE WE GOING TO ACHIEVE?
We will change the legal and social attitudes to promote shared parenting and formal equality.
- To promote public awareness, provide education and support programs in parenting for children, their families and the total community.
- To perform research relating to separated families, children and their social environment.
- To establish and provide support programs for parents and children.
- To support the educational, social and recreational activities of the community.
OUR VALUES, PHILOSOPHY AND PRINCIPLES:
- FACT will maintain focus on our vision and mission.
- We are respectful of the societal norms and laws.
- We are a moderate, non-violent vehicle for change.
- We will conduct our behaviour with integrity and credibility.
- We value the talents of our individual members and recognise that success lies with the group.
F.A.C.T. will continue to be a moderate group that is inclusive of both genders, all races, colours, creeds and denominations. We are dedicated to promoting:
- an unbiased image of fatherhood and motherhood,
- shared and equal parenting, and
- preserving the rights of our children, and future children, to a complete relationship with both parents and their extended families.
"Fatherlessness is the most harmful demographic trend of this generation. It is the leading cause of declining child well-being in our society. It is also the engine driving our most urgent social problems from crime to adolescent pregnancy to child sexual abuse to domestic violence..."
"Certainly, despite the difficulty of proving causation in the social sciences, the weight of evidence increasingly supports the conclusion that fatherlessness is a primary generator of violence among young men."
D. Blankenhorn, "Fatherless America: confronting our most urgent social problem"